Whatsapp, always bring out the best for its customers, and they have again done it. With end-to-end encryption for a billion users. The end-to-end encryption can only be used when you and the people you whatsapp are on the updated version of Whatsapp.
What is Whatsapp end-to-end encryption:
1: It ensures that your messages, videos, voice messages, photos are highly secured.
2: While you communicate with your friends, no third party, not even whatsapp will be able to see what you sent.
3: There is a special key designed which secures your messages with a lock. The messages can be read only by the person who has that special key.
4: For more protection, each whatsapp you send unique lock and key is generated. Everything is done automatically: there is no need to activate any kind of settings or setting up of special hidden chats to protect your conversations.
Important: End-to-end encryption is always on, provided everyone is using the recent updated version of Whatsapp and there is no way that End-to-end encryption can be turned off.
5: This is how the verification security code looks like
To activate the encryption the following steps are involved:
- Go to the contact/group info you want to secure.
- Click on the contact info/group info screen.
- You will see ‘Encryption’ written with a unlock image on the left side. Click on Encryption, you will see both QR code and a 60 digit code.
- Scan the QR code on your contact’s phone, or ask them to scan your QR code.
- You can also compare the 60 digit number shown above to verify whether the messages and calls are end-to-end encrypted.